Thursday, 7 July 2011

What keeps you going?

2:52am. awake

Ha thats because I dozed off on my bed from 9-12pm :p

I am awake doing a pretty thankless job... (hahaha...)

Promise myself not to bring work home to do...but still did.
(thanks to the 8gb thumbdrive....so convenient to store everything I need)

Nah...not the paperwork of cos.. (I'm glad to leave those at the office)

What keeps you going?

I still have not found a clear direction in life...

a career where I feel I truly belong to...

where I feel....yesss! This is what I want!

BUT....

I always come back to the same conclusion...

ever since Art & Design touched my life.

No complaints for late nights/sleepless nights....
No complaints for not being paid/lowly paid ...
(if I think it's not worth the time & effort...
a case where I feel I'm being taken advantage of
more than anything else,
I rather not do it.)
No complaints for not being thanked for...
心甘情愿。

The sense of satisfaction/achievement...
never fail to motivate me...
never fail to keep me going...
even if I'm having a really bad day!

The happiest time spent in office...
are days where I get to spend like
3/4 or half of the day to design ad/promotional materials.
People there dun really bother much ...
with the designs I mean....
I bet they can't tell if it's good or bad...
if the alignment was adjusted for the good...
if I did a change to the spacing of the fonts...
if I clean up the image...
if I add a shadow to a product... etc
but if I dun spend the time to do those little things on
previous template created...
我过不了自己那一关
As someone who studied design...
some things are just unacceptable if not done properly!
Hahaha...
They only care abt budget sales expenses cut cost I guess.
Ok Expected.

However, they will insist on things which I may not agree to..
( eg. bigger text, bigger logo etc. blow this up...make this darker..)
which is of cos the sucky part.
When designs are not changed...or minor changes...
thats when I feel I 'owned' the artwork...
Anyway...the designs aren't complicated...
Dun need to illustrate graphics...
If I do....it's completely out of 'good will' ...hahaha.

加油!

No comments:

Post a Comment